“Animals are such agreeable friends; they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
Anyone with pets can surely agree with novelist, George Eliot that animals make for great companions, especially when it comes to traveling.
If you are planning on traveling with your furry friend this summer, make sure you are prepared before you hit the road. From snacks, to safety, we’ve have the top five tips for traveling with your pet that you don’t want to miss!
1. Visit the vet. Before you travel with your pet, whether on the road or in the sky, it’s always a good idea to make sure they have had a recent check-up and are up-to-date on shots. If you haven’t already done so, be sure you call your veterinarian today to schedule your pet’s next appointment.
2. Keep your pet secure. Did you know? Each year hundreds of pets are injured or even killed because they were not properly restrained while riding in cars, trucks, SUVs and RVs. If you plan to road trip in your new Chevy with your pet this summer, make sure you have a vehicle pet barrier, pet seat belt, car seat or a travel crate.
3. Pet identification. In the event that your beloved pet runs away while you’re traveling, make sure he or she has some form of identification on them. Whether an ID tag on your pet’s collar or even a microchip, having some sort of identification is essential! Also, be sure to bring along a picture of your furry friend so that others may help you find your pet companion in case of an unfortunate event.
4. Don’t forget treats and toy. When packing for your pet, always make sure that along with an ample supply of your pet’s food that you bring along treats and toys, too. It is never a good idea to abruptly change your pet’s diet, especially during traveling, so familiar food, treats and toys are a must. Other pet supplies to consider bringing include your pet’s bed, grooming supplies, and any necessary medications – just to name a few.
5. Enjoy the ride. Whether or not you are traveling along with your pet or bringing your pet along for a family vacation, don’t forget to enjoy the simple things. Enjoy your journey in your new Chevy Equinox or Chevy Silverado and allow time to stop at sight-seeing opportunities along the way. If traveling with your furry friend, research possible parks to stop at along your road trip and make the most of your trip!
As with any road trip it’s always a good idea to create a checklist of items you will need to pack, along with a planned and back-up route in case of any detours. Double check your list before you hit the road and enjoy your vacation with your pet companion.
Safe travels wherever the road takes you this summer!
If your new Chevrolet or used car is in need of service maintenance, Mountain View Chevrolet in Upland, near the Los Angeles area can help. Schedule your next service appointment online or give us a call at (855) 649-2049.