Mountain View Chevrolet has been a community-oriented dealership for 13 years, but this is a first for this Southern California car dealership and definitely uncommon for any car dealer. To award students who have achieved perfect attendance, Mountain View Chevrolet has created the “Cool to Stay in School” campaign to give away a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze!
On June 12, 2013, every student from Upland High School who has achieved perfect attendance will be invited to the dealership, in Upland, California. First, several other prizes, including iPad gift cards, will be raffled off by calling the students’ names. For the grand prize of the Chevy Cruze, five names of students with perfect attendance will be drawn at random, and those students will all be given a key. One by one, they will have a chance to sit in the Cruze and turn the key. One lucky student’s key will be the one that starts the engine!
What makes that student even luckier is that Mountain View made sure that the prize model is the perfect choice for a young driver; in addition to being awarded US Ranking and Reviews’ 2012 Best Compact Car for the Money, the Chevy Cruze has achieved these accolades:
- An Insurance Institute for Highway Safety 2012 Top Safety Pick
- Motor Trend Ultimate Guide calls Cruze the best GM compact in years
- Consumer Guide reports Chevrolet’s compact sedan represents itself very well in a crowded and very competitive market segment
- Consumer Guide reports Cruze feels substantial and refined
- A finalist for Motor Trend 2011 Car of the Year
- Motor Trend calls Cruze thoughtfully designed, with European styling and driving dynamics
- Motor Trend calls Cruze the most significant global offering from GM to date
- Named a 2011 Consumer Guide Recommended Buy
In fact, the 2013 Cruze won US News and Rankings’ 2013 Best Compact Car for Families, so parents of the winner can feel at ease knowing that their student earned not just a car, but a car with peace of mind. Mountain View Chevy knows that it’s at a high school age that driver safety and responsibility begin. By interacting with the students in an academically rewarding way, new drivers soon to graduate from Upland High School will be more “tuned up” to take the wheel seriously.
Just this past December, Mountain View Chevrolet rallied to help a local boy with his battle against Common Variable Immune Deficiency, and hosted the Red Cross on-site to collect both blood and toys for those in need. This may be the first giveaway of its type at Mountain View Chevy, but it’s just one of many future opportunities the dealership will take to give back and help out!